blank
Reza Rahman - Professional Homepage
blank Home Home | Navigation Site Map blank Resume | Projects | Blog | Downloads | Links | Contact

My ramblings on Java EE, Java SE and the crazy World of technology in general.

Sunday, December 23, 2018

TDC Sao Paulo 2018 Trip Report

TDC Brazil/Sao Paulo 2018 was held on July 17-21. For those unaware TDC is the largest conference in Brazil, South America and indeed the entire Southern Hemisphere. I had been to the conference some years ago and this was my second time attending. It is quite remarkable how much the conference has grown. Although the conference is no longer Java focused, Java remains a very big part. I delivered a few sessions and Java EE had a fairly strong presence overall.

What is CQRS + Event Sourcing and Why Should Java Developers Care?
On the first day of the conference I delivered my basic Axon talk titled "What is CQRS + Event Sourcing and Why Should Java Developers Care?". In this session I explain the architectural patterns of CQRS and Event Sourcing. I also show through code why Axon is a great way of implementing these patterns in a Java application. Lastly, I touch upon why these proven patterns are important for microservices. The current slide deck for this talk is below (click here if you can't see the slides).

The demo code for the session is on GitHub.  On the same day Fernando Boaglio had a talk on JNoSQL, Rodrigo Silva delivered his talk "Cloud Native Java EE" and Elder Moraes delivered a talk introducing Jakarta EE.

Applied Domain-Driven Design Blueprints for Java EE
The next day I delivered my talk on Cargo Tracker/Java EE + DDD titled "Applied Domain-Driven Design Blue Prints for Java EE". This talk overviews DDD and describes how DDD maps elegantly to Java EE using code examples/demos from the Cargo Tracker project. Below is the slide deck for the talk (click here if you can't see the embedded slides).

A screen cast of my talk can be found here. Note I am working with an updated copy of the official Java EE Cargo Tracker project on my personal GitHub account for now. I plan to contribute this work back to Jakarta EE once the transfer process from Oracle is complete. You should feel free to use the project as you wish or adopt my talk.

Java SE 8 for Java EE Developers
I finished the conference by delivering my talk titled "Java SE 8 for Java EE 7 Developers". In the talk I cover some of the key features introduced in Java SE 8 including lamdas, streams, the new Date/Time API as well as Completable Futures and discuss how they can be used effectively with Java EE 7/8 APIs like Servlets, Java EE Concurrency Utilities, WebSockets, JPA, JSF and JSON-P. The slides for the talk are posted below (click here if you can't see the embedded slide deck).


Video for the talk is available here. Feel free to adopt the talk yourself.

During TDC Brazil I was able to visit a very beautiful place that has been on my bucket list for a while - the Iguazu Falls. This is the largest waterfall system in the world. I was able to visit both the Brazil and Argentina sides. Just take a look at the incredible photos below (click here if you can't see the album).

All in all, I really enjoyed TDC and hope to return soon. You should consider the conference as a Java speaker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home   |   Site Map   |   Resume   |   Projects   |   Blog   |   Downloads   |   Links   |   Contact